Action Point Tracker



This list is updated after each monthly team meeting and other important meeting. Action points are tracked from most recent to most ancient.

No
Action Point
Assigned Person
When Assigned
Status Update
135
Update publication pipeline
All
Meeting 21
Alan sent reminder e-mail to many on Mar 7 2014
134
Prepare mailing to identify all WLE/HT staff on the campus and invite them for next 'Abay Andelay' meeting prior to Africa RISING monthly team meeting 27 March
Alan, Yemisrach
Meeting 21
Alan will be travelling on Mar 27 so proposes a short roundtable for updates on HT-WLE on April 2 at 1500 in Axum.
Humidtropics
ILRI: Beth, Zelalem, Alan, Randall, Abeera; CIP: Britta; ICRAF: Kiros; IWMI: Teklu; AVDRC: ???
WLE: Simon
133
Discuss and prepare final mailing list
Alan, Simon, Ewen
Meeting 21

132
Update list of NBDC meeting participants with email address/phone # (for our records, not for the wiki)
Yemisrach Regassa
Meeting 21

131
Share docs Emory students with Ewen for inclusion on One NBDC wiki page (and Ewen to finalize that page)
Beth
Meeting 21

130
Draft a process document for the next IP meeting and share it with Teklu.
Zelalem
Meeting 21

129
Follow up with Fergus about ICRAF's NBDC publications
Alan, Beth, Katherine
Meeting 20, 21
To follow up. See point 135.
128
Organise follow up discussion on SLM / National Platform next steps
Kees / Simon
Meeting 20, 21
To follow up on
127
Plan a meeting around IP evaluation + next steps
Beth, Aberra, Zelalem, Gerba, Elias, Annet
Meeting 20, 21
Evaluation questions developed and data collected for Jeldu.
Unclear follow up for Diga with Annet.
Working with Teklu's team for Fogera.
126
Come back to N2 team to collect all outputs (blog posts, pix, digital stories, posters, presentations)
Ewen / Beth
Meeting 20
In progress. 5 blog posts collected and 3 more to come; Gerba's pictures all handed over with proper description, title, credit; poster files also processed.

In process / virtually Completed
125
Send a reminder about publication pipeline update and need to acknowledge inputs (ref. to publication protocol)
Alan
Meeting 20
Completed
124
Investigate CD-Rom options with Peter Ballantyne
Ewen
Meeting 20
CompletedContact taken with consultant. Costs discussed and agreed with Alan/Simon. Works to start on this in March/April (hopefully CD-Rom completed by late April).
123
Contact various companies (DuckRabbit / ELB; Tracy/BC; BBC Media Action/Simon
Ewen, Beth, Simon
Meeting 20-21
Completed
Tracy Pallant working on this (via contact with Beth)
DuckRabbit won't assist as they have not prepared original material and they stay away from those assignments.
122
Review ToR to focus specifically on biophysical aspects of N2
Kata/Simon
Meeting 20
Completed - Kata has left.
121
Discuss with Gareth about progress with their respective NBDC publications
Beth
Meeting 20-21
See publications pipeline
120
Check with Teklu and other IWMI staff about NBDC publications + get publications pipeline updated
Simon
Meeting 20-21
See publications pipeline
119
Discuss specific focus of N2 evaluation
Kata / Simon
Meeting 20
Hopefully focusing on biophysical aspects of N2 work.
Not done... abandoned
118
Lessons learnt from IP team
Beth, Zelalem, Aberra, Gerba, Elias...
Meeting 20
Paper underway - see publications pipeline.
117
Proposal for closing meetings at Jeldu, Diga and Fogera
Beth with the rest of IP team
Meeting 19
Completed
116
Updating the status of publication pipeline page on the wiki
All lead authors with papers in the pipeline
Meeting 19-20-21
Ongoing
115
Synthesis of digital stories and M & E materials
Beth and Annet
Meeting 19
Ongoing - working on some digital stories.
Site-related digital stories unclear - 1 produced from the sites. (Fogera)
ZL/ED looking for additional materials for Diga/Jeldu's
M&E materials - abandoned for national/program level - up on the wiki for local sites
Annet's work on reviewing the OLM results (via stakeholder interviews) planned for early 2014
Perhaps Kata to help on synthesis...
114
Follow up the development of outcome stories
Alan and Simon to talk to Terry
Meeting 19
Completed - Incorporated as part of the Basin story
113
Check with Don the status of the Livestock Water synthesis paper
Alan
Meeting 19-21
Ongoing - almost ready with 1st completed draft.
Will share this with Beth in the next 2 weeks.
Beth to feed into it.
112
Verify interest of national authors of the learning event presentations for publication of their papers
Simon
Meeting 19
??
111
Meet on Oct 21 at 10:30 hrs to discuss closing meeting plans
Beth (lead), Zelalem, Apollo, Elias, Randall, Tracy, Simon, Alan, Eva, Belay, Kees, Ewen
Meeting 19
Completed
110
Updates on specific thematic sections of the wiki
Gender - Beth, Annet, Tracy
IPs - Zelalelm, Tsehay
Livelihoods - Beth to talk to Katherine
PV & WAT-A-GAME - Beth, Zelalem
Policy engagements - Belay, Kees
Key Messages in Mahider - Alan, Doug
Meeting 19-20-21
Ongoing
109


Meeting 18
(Never filled this row)
108


Meeting 18
(Never filled this row)
107


Meeting 18
(Never filled this row)
106
Prepare thematic discussion on sustainability of local IPs
Beth, Zelalem
Meeting 18
Completed
105
Provide inputs for website articles
ALL
Meeting 18
Ongoing.
What specific items can Ewen work on, based on inputs from other team members?
104
Review specific thematic sections of the wiki
Annet, Beth/Zelalem, Katherine/Liza, Belay/Kees, Alemseged/Mengistu
Meeting 18
Ongoing
103
Discuss future of national platform and possible merger with SLM
Kees, Belay, Alan, Simon
Meeting 18
Ongoing - Simon+Belay discussing with H.E. Seleshi.
Steering committee supporting integration around existing gov't structures
BUT Be careful about being overwhelmed by SLM and forgetting rationale / underlying principles for NP
Kees to stress underlying principles with Simon
Bring technical support to SLM for this (as SLM member?)? + review existing evaluation of NBDC platforms
102
Review list of updates on the wiki and web
ALL
Wiki/web update discussion + meeting 18
Completed
Discussed at team meeting 18
101
Add to agenda August team meeting: Next team meeting: schedule going through pubs pipeline + ask about archiving N-project pages + study site pages to update (feed into NBDC database) + update collectively the list of partners at August team meeting
Ewen
Wiki/web update discussion
Completed
100
Contact Michael about possible video or KMIS track to this final event
Ewen
Final workshop brainstorming meeting
Completed
99


Final workshop brainstorming meeting
Completed
See action point #93 - ideas floating about this
98
Check possible events by AU, UN, SLM, CRDA etc.
Belay
Final workshop brainstorming meeting
Completed
97
Ask KMIS for ideas about companies that could organise a dynamic database to present One NBDC activity set
Ewen
Science meeting AAR
Abandoned
96
Ask about Beth & Randall about next steps with One NBDC and possibly inject next steps as proposed e.g. sortable table
Alan / Beth / ewen
Science meeting AAR
?? - a lot of scope to synthesise materials that were produced.
Abandoned or nested under HT/WLE?
By early next year (Beth?) as a series of rapid interviews of the people involved.
- Series of outputs and tools / approaches
- Key research themes to bring forward
- Lessons e.g. mismatches in scale, institutional relationships...
95
Look at possible papers and what to propose (book?) and share ideas on the wiki (publication pipeline)
Alan, Don, Doug, Simon
Science meeting AAR
Ongoing
94
Organize NBDC event participants into an Excel table with all people (as rows), all events as columns and to see who came to what
Simon / Yemisrach
Science meeting after action review (AAR)
Completed by Yemisrach and Elias
93
Plan / book tentatively the final NBDC workshop
Ewen
Meeting 17
Completed
92
Bring back discussion on WLE and involving regional stakeholders at side meeting Thu.
Doug
Meeting 17
Completed
91
Follow up on preparations for Bahir Dar meeting
Kees & Belay
Meeting 17
Completed
90
Share CPWF timeline with NBDC team and put it on the wiki
Amanda
Meeting 17
Completed - In relation with Lima peer-assist
89
Look at availability of Alan's Lima presentation on Mahider
Ewen
Meeting 17
Completed and indeed it is available here
88
Share papers from science meeting over the weekend
Wolde
Meeting 17
Completed In relation with science meeting
87
Ask IWMI interns to list gaps on wiki / web
Zelalem
Meeting 17
Completed
86
Prepare overview of wiki sections and list what's out of date / what needs work
Ewen (+ possible inputs Doug)
Meeting 17
Completed
85
Contact Yemisrach to book IWMI meeting room for all meetings
Tracy
Meeting 17
Completed
84
Share pitch document to WLE prepared for Montpellier on the wiki/Yammer
Alan
Meeting 17
Completed
83
Contact session chairs to be for science meeting
Simon
Meeting 17
Completed In relation with science meeting
82
Put agenda science meeting on the wiki
Wolde
Meeting 17
Completed - in relation with science meeting
81
Coordinate printing of proceedings + uploading on USB key
Wolde + Nigist
Meeting 17
Completed In relation with science meeting
80
Set up guidelines for posters
Ewen
Meeting 17
Completed
79
Come back to Mengistu on political ecology work
Ewen + Josie
Meeting
Completed
78
Prepare a short paragraph about discussion for next NBDC team meeting on sustainability of local IPs and 2-3 lead questions
Beth + team
Meeting 16
Completed
77
Contact Nicole and Simon about possible NBDC participation at IFAD ShareFair based on information sent by Ewen
Katherine
Meeting 16
Completed
76
Organise a process to connect the 'One NBDC meeting' and the Science meeting.
Simon
Meeting 16
Completed
75
Put One NBDC input templates on the wiki + send an email to One NBDC group about them
Randall
Meeting 16
Completed
74
Prompt other abstracts based on templates from Randall
Doug
Meeting 16
Completed
73
Discuss with Katherine about possible production of abstracts for science meeting.
Mengistu
Meeting 16
Completed
72
Get back to everyone on possible system to upload One NBDC science output framework
Ewen
Meeting 16
Completed. Options are: The Brain, Prezi, Scribblar, Cmap, among others...
71
Plan a meeting to discuss the scientific approach to take our work forward in the next year
Beth, Randall
Meeting 14
Completed
70
Upload MSc / PhD theses on the publication pipeline page
Ewen
Meeting 14
Completed
69
Make a synthesis to share for peer review
Doug
Meeting 14
Refers to basin story - in progress
68
Make an outline about the 'story of the Nile Basin' this week or next
Kees
Meeting 14
Completed
67
Go review the publication pipeline and update it with details about their planned work
ALL
Meeting 14
Ongoing
THIS SEEMS TO BE OUT OF DATE AGAIN.
66
Discuss who could organize this science meeting (be part of the organizing committee)
Alan & Simon
Meeting 14
Completed - Wolde Bori Mekuria
65
Doodle schedule the Science meeting
Ewen
Meeting 14
Completed
64
Develop a conversation brief template with KMIS to be used for the messages
Ewen
Meeting 14
Completed and available here
63
Summarize 2-pager from NP4 meeting
Kees
Meeting 14
Completed
62
Send both NP4 meeting 2-pagers to Kees (Ewen's version and Kees's version) for him to summarise this
Ewen
Meeting 14
Completed
61
Circulate link for the page where people can edit the messages
Ewen
Meeting 14
Completed
60
Review revised messages by 22 March
ALL
Meeting 14
Completed
59
Forward gender scan to all
Alan
Meeting 12
Forwarded to Pamela. Cathy will be following up with individuals.
58
Organize 'One NBDC' meeting with small group
Ewen
Meeting 12
Completed. The small group consists of: Ewen, Belay, Simon, Katherine, Beth, Kees, Doug, Randall.
57
Share information about his work
Fergus
Meeting 12
Completed. See polyscape tool description
56
Develop and share agenda for national platform meeting with all NBDC project staff by 25 Jan.
Ewen & Kees
Meeting 12
Completed
55
Identify possible showcasing products/ outputs/ approaches/ lessons to showcase those and share with Ewen by 13 Jan
All
Meeting 12
Completed
54
Review list of possible participants for NP meeting and share it with all
Alan, Belay, Simon
Meeting 12
Completed
53
Discuss learning event on institutional innovation in relation with Wat-a-game 2nd workshop
Zelalem, Beth, Kees
Meeting 12
Completed
52
Check contract with Don Peden
Simon
Meeting 12
Completed
51
Post project reports on the wiki
Project leaders
Meeting 12
??
50
Post draft N2 baseline on the wiki - Kees and Belay to review it (to present at NP meeting)
Alan/Katherine
Meeting 12
Posted: http://nilebdc.wikispaces.com/file/detail/Rhetoric%20versus%20realities%2026%2011%2012%20for%20wiki.docx
49
Speak to Berhanu about contract related to weather stations (SIM cards to get data daily etc.).
Each site has logging equipment. SIM cards allow transmission of data. We have a contract with a consultant to pull data on the wiki...
Katherine, Simon
Meeting 11
Completed
Simon to chase contract signature
48
Plan publications to feature for upcoming stakeholder meeting
Every Nile team
Meeting 11
Completed
47
Organize seminar on N2 baseline study
Ewen, Josie
Meeting 11
Completed
The stakeholder/NP meeting should be a great platform for this seminar.
46
Discuss the N2 baseline study (commentary on planning and implementation of RWM interventions in Ethiopia) with Belay, share the summary of the report + the full report on the wiki + update the presentation about this
1) Michael V to send comments from Doug to Eva and Katherine and the whole team
2) Eva and Katherine to decide how to best incorporate comments
3) (optional) Doug/Larry to review updated version to make sure it is fine
4) Michael V to copy edit, layout and finalize
Josie Tucker, Eva Ludi
Katherine
Michael Victor
Meeting 11
Working paper drafted a year ago and tidied up by Eva + submitted to CPWF, then reviewed by Larry Harrington and Doug Merrey. It's in Doug's hands at the moment.


Katherine developed a peer-reviewed article out of it. In negotiation with Journal of Dev Studies - expecting final decision next week.

Third paper between Katherine and Beth to go for peer-review.

Alan/Katherine to post draft on the wiki - Kees and Belay to review it (to present at NP meeting).
45
Discuss ICRAF data and what to make of it
Fergus, Randall, Lisa
Meeting 11
Reported by Fergus - data set to be ready by end of January.
44
Prepare a discussion document about the Africa rainwater management forum
Simon, Funke, Amy
Meeting 11
In prep still. Sthg planned to be ready before Pretoria meeting end of this month.
43
Update wiki with all information related to training basin authorities on modeling
Charlotte, Randall
Meeting 11
Check with Charlotte
42
Establish linkages with basin authorities
Charlotte, Randall & Belay
Meeting 11
Charlotte back week 14 Jan. and meeting coming up. Belay trying to get their contact details
41
Establish links between N2 & N4 work on decision-making at various scales using modeling
Randall Ritzema (& Beth Cullen)
Meeting 11
Coming up
40
Circulate overall NBDC report
Simon Langan
Meeting 11
Report written, sent to Amanda - pending on her check. It will be put on the wiki at a later stage. The report includes MSC stories as is, comments in 'traffic light' system etc. No red. Series of action points identified for NBDC going to management team. Individual project reports should be posted on the wiki too.
39
Draft blog post about Montpellier meeting and publish it upon receiving team comments
Ewen Le Borgne + Tilahun Amede
Discussion 14/02/2012
Completed and published.
36
Prepare next 'thematic' team meeting: pick a theme of interest
Tilahun Amede
Discussion 14/02/2012
Completed
37
Tilahun to chase Mulugeta and national partners for abstracts
Tilahun Amede
Discussion 14/02/2012
Completed
38
Update Nile Basin description text on global CPWF website
Tilahun Amede
Discussion 14/02/2012
http://waterandfood.org/basins/nile/
23
Share feedback from CPWF on six months performance to PLs
Tilahun Amede
Meeting 7
Completed
24
Decide how to further share the feedback to respective project members and to the general group
Project leaders
Meeting 7
??
25
Follow on vandalism of instruments
Birhaun Zemadim
Meeting 7
In progress
26
Discuss with Alan and Ian to work on linking crop with livestock
Kindie Getnet
Meeting 7
In progress
27
Find out common areas between the M & E tools designed for West Africa and designed by N2
Kees Swaans
Meeting 7
completed (although M&E of IPs in NBDC went into different direction)
28
Bring expereinces on protocol for Innovation platforms from other basins during the BL & PL Meeting
Tilahun Amede
Meeting 7
Completed
29
Discuss land cover data with ICRAF and other data issues with GIZ
Simon Langan
Meeting 7
Completed
30
Draft work plan including time allocation for research assistants
Tilahun Amede + Project leaders
Meeting 7

31
Set up a working group and assess interest of members plus costs, funding, potential benefit and organization to participate on World Water Week
Tilahun Amede+ Ewen Le Borgne
Meeting 7
Done and reported about here.
32
Provide publication plan
All research members
Meeting 7
??
33
Design publication protocol
Ewen Le Borgne
Meeting 7
In progress
34
Update NBDC group on further ways of promotion of change stories beyond the wiki
Tilahun Amede + Pamela Pali
Meeting 7
Completed
15
Share the feedback from the CPWF evaluation and lobby other PLs to do the same
Tilahun Amede
Meeting 6
Completed
16
Organize a one day project meeting in Sept to assess on achievement in line with available budget and originally constructed objectives plus start the discussion on-line in the mean time
Shirley Tarawali
Meeting 6
Abandoned
17
Send all presentations to CPWF for the SA Forum
Tilahun Amede
Meeting 6
Completed
19
Create a Master table for the list of participants and respective source of Funding for the SA Forum
Tilahun Amede
Meeting 6
Abandoned
20
Lead the organization of the RMS Session for the SA Forum
Tilahun Amede
Meeting 6
Completed
21
Send list of participants organized from past workshops to PLs and create a page for the Stakeholder meeting
Peter/Tseday
Meeting 6
Completed
22
Start the initiative to make students present their findings to the NBDC group and any other interested parties
Tilahun Amede
Meeting 6
Ongoing
10
Draft a short paper on innovation platforms in the NBDC
Kees Swaans
Meeting 4
completed
11
Comms straplines/names for proejcts for external audiences
Peter
Meeting 4
Ideas here
12
Consolidate a response and send to Larry according to the discussion held
Tilahun Amede
Meeting 4
Shared; this discussion will be finalized during the reflection workshop in May.
13
start communication with District leaders to facilitate community awareness
Tilahun Amede with the support of Abera and Gerba
Meeting 4
Katherine and team did it
14
Check the list for M &E with the global ones
Jemimah
Meeting 4


debbie rms document




amare livestock document




catherine similarity document




kees IP document



1
Share the overall MoU and its format
Tilahun Amede
Meeting 3
It is posted, under documents
2
Write and share a paragraph on how the overall structure of NBDC
works and who is responsible for each project as well
Tilahun Amede
Meeting 3
I don't remember of this being an agenda; on halt
3
Lead a team meeting on livelihood
Kathryn Snyder
Meeting 3

4
Draft and share a template to support integration among projects
Tilahun Amede
Meeting 3
Done and posted
5
Lead a team meeting to sort the need for livelihood and
modeling data for N4
Charlotte Macalister
Meeting 3
Several small meetings held
6
Lead a team on modeling
Charlotte Macalister
Meeting 3
Held a meeting - done Nile 4 meeting - January 21 2011
7
Lead a team on innovation
Kees Swaans
Meeting 3
Some initial meetings were held; later N2 and N5 moved ahead; there is still an issue of how best to integrate different levels, but will come back as an issue in AISA and in future plans for the national platform; hence completed.
8
Share inception report and respective feedback plus lead the upcoming report writing
Project Leader
Meeting 3
Tilahun done for Nile 5
9
Circulate the concept note on MSc students’ engagement to universities
Alan Duncan
Meeting 3
E-mailed to Ambo, Wollega and Bahir Dar Universities 28/12/10.
12/01/11: Amare e-mailed also to Haramaya and Hawassa Universities.
26/01/11: Received about 6 CV's from interested students so far. Will begin selection soon. Two students have now been selected following interviews done by Amare, Don, Kindu and CaST in February.
.